We are searching for an experienced PHP/Python developer with strong backend knowledge dealing with high-load applications, who will write beautiful, fast PHP/Python to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching. Must be a cooperative team player with excellent communication skills.
This is a great position for a self-motivated, organized candidate with an exceptional level of attention to detail. The PHP Application Developer will work closely with a dynamic inspired mixed team of senior developers, game designers, artists and a growing team of mobile game makers to help craft our games
You’ll enjoy working with experienced and passionate people, challenging projects and personal growth. The right candidate will be a team player that will enjoy a casual and dynamic work environment.
We’re a growing company and looking to add passionate, innovative and talented people to join our team and help us to create the next generation of interactive products.
- Managing a team of strong PHP developers
- Writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way and maintaining the code base for our current game portfolio
- Producing detailed specifications
- Developing new features for our current game and be a part of creation architectures for our new gaming projects
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Ongoing support of high-load applications
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core product software and databases
- 6-9+ Years of proven software development experience in PHP
- 3+ Years leading team of server side developers
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proficiency in programming for Linux
- Experience of developing and maintaining Linux network daemons
- Strong knowledge of TCP IP protocol stack
- Experience of developing applications/products in a high-load environment [with up to X,000s of concurrent users] (scaling)
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile development management systems
- 3+ years leading an Agile development team
- Personal Qualities:
- High achiever and conscientious worker
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Self starter, able to push ahead under little or no supervision.
- Great proactive communicator
- Able to work effectively as part of a team